Reprogram the Body
Sacral Chakra Restorative Yoga rewires our muscle memory by allowing us to work deep into the fascia where we store past trauma, negative emotions, and hold onto the past. Through the practice of restorative yoga poses, we are able to release blocked energy in the body that is creating discomfort and disease. Restorative Yoga helps us to break up and release these negative energy patterns so we can be pain free.
Sacral Chakra Restorative Yoga Poses are held for 4 – 5 minutes, working deep into the muscle fascia where we harbor our energetic blockages. During a restorative yoga session, different negative emotions that have been buried in our connective tissue are finally able to come up to the surface. Fear comes up, anger, self-righteousness, frustration, anxiety and all the other negative emotions holding us back in life. From a place of peace, we are able to release these blockages.
When the energy is too strong and out of balance:
- One feels repression and disconnected
- Over-indulges in sensory pleasures like eating, entertainment & gossip
- Sexually overactive or have compulsive behavior
- Overly social and can not spend time alone
- Strong need to always be around people and thrive by feeding off other people’s energy & reactions
- Develops emotional dependence and “co-dependence”
- Creates drama or becomes crisis-orientated in order to get attention
- Addictive behavior to stimulants, alcohol, drugs or adrenaline
- Lacking practicality
- Overly influenced
When the energy is weak or depleted:
A deficiency of energy or weakness in the Sacral Chakra will cause people to feel very stiff and rigid on a muscular level.
- Unable to go with the flow of life
- Lack the ability to adapt to change
- Emotionally cold, impersonal and socially unable to relate to others
- Suffers low self-esteem, insecurity and may be socially withdrawn
- Procrastination, a lack of passion and trouble expressing one’s feelings
The Sacral Chakra
Swadhistana, the energy of cohesion, is a force that pulls together and unites. The Sacral Chakra emits a flowing energy that allows for flexibility, adaptability and change. Also known as the “Pleasure” Chakra, it is the center of vitality where we move beyond our basic needs into relationships with others.
The Sacral Chakra Restorative Yoga poses presented in this article have been articulately chosen for their hip opening and healing abilities. Ancient vedic texts have been referenced to offer our readers the most powerful restorative yoga poses to create balance, harmony and ultimate healing of the Sacral Chakra.
Sacral Chakra Restorative Yoga Poses
Micah Lyn is a Holistic Healthcare Practitioner HHP, Intuitive Healer and E-RYT 500 Certified Yoga Teacher registered with Yoga Alliance and KRI. She offers a variety of private yoga classes in Sedona AZ, yoga therapy and intuitive healing services at Pachamama Yoga ✨ Sedona Healing Center. Visit the YTT Programs & Workshops page to see upcoming Online & Hands-on Intensive Yoga Teacher Training, Virtual Online Yoga Workshops & Transformational Yoga Retreats featured worldwide.
HELP SUPPORT MY MISSION
Here at Pachamama Yoga, my mission is to share my yoga classes, guided meditation & music for FREE! Making a small $1 donation to support my mission will help to offset the production costs of this podcast. Your support ensures that everyone around the globe can continue to enjoy the healing benefits of yoga, meditation & sound therapy music without incurring a monthly subscription fee or cost per episode download.
“You can make a huge difference by making a small donation.”
“You can help now by supporting the production costs of the Pachamama Podcast! When you make a small $5 donation, you will instantly receive the ‘Light On Yoga’ e-book by the founder of Restorative Yoga, BKS Iyengar.”