Reprogram the Body
Heart Chakra Restorative Yoga rewires our muscle memory by allowing us to work deep into the fascia where we store past trauma, negative emotions, and hold onto the past. Through the practice of restorative yoga poses, we are able to release blocked energy in the body that is creating discomfort and disease. Restorative Yoga helps us to break up and release these negative energy patterns so we can be pain free.
Heart Chakra Restorative Yoga Poses are held for 4 – 5 minutes, working deep into the muscle fascia where we harbor our energetic blockages. During a restorative yoga session, different negative emotions that have been buried in our connective tissue are finally able to come up to the surface. Fear comes up, anger, self-righteousness, frustration, anxiety and all the other negative emotions holding us back in life. From a place of peace, we are able to release these blockages.
When the energy is too strong and out of balance:
- The individual may tend to excessive talking, and it could be loud.
- Not very good listening skills, and consequently the tendency to be argumentative.
- May not be truthful, so the need to talk leads to fabrication.
- The need for recognition, or to be heard; leads to being an overachiever.
- Tendency to non-stop thinking; may be scattered with too many ideas and have a hard time focusing.
- Always on the move, might have a problem being still.
- Can easily become impulsive, indulgent, chaotic.
When the energy is weak or depleted:
- Voice and expression might be blocked, weak or timid.
- Problems in communication, lacking in creative expression even in writing.
- Lack of self‐confidence, no leadership; fear of speaking in public.
- Resistance to change, travel or exploring new ideas; likes to stick with what is known and traditional.
- Immoderate to the point of being a misfit.
- Unforgiving when in conflict with others.
- Difficulties with technology, even phobias.
Anahata Chakra or commonly known as the Heart Chakra, helps us tune into unconditional love and healing energy. When the energy in the Heart Chakra is balanced and in harmony with the lower chakras, it stimulates a powerful volt of energy that pulls the clarity of the Throat Chakra down to the Heart Chakra. With these chakras aligned, the energy emanates into a throbbing, centering, deep feeling of “knowing.” In harmony, you have a strong sense of purpose which will make a powerful impact on the world.
The Heart Chakra Restorative Yoga poses presented in this article have been articulately chosen for their heart opening and healing abilities. Ancient vedic texts have been referenced to offer our readers the most powerful restorative yoga poses to create balance, harmony and ultimate healing of the Heart Chakra.
Heart Chakra Restorative Yoga Poses
Micah Lyn is a Holistic Healthcare Practitioner HHP, Intuitive Healer and E-RYT 500 Certified Yoga Teacher registered with Yoga Alliance and KRI. She offers a variety of private yoga classes in Sedona AZ, yoga therapy and intuitive healing services at Pachamama Yoga ✨ Sedona Healing Center. Visit the YTT Programs & Workshops page to see upcoming Online & Hands-on Intensive Yoga Teacher Training, Virtual Online Yoga Workshops & Transformational Yoga Retreats featured worldwide.
HELP SUPPORT MY MISSION
Here at Pachamama Yoga, my mission is to share my yoga classes, guided meditation & music for FREE! Making a small $1 donation to support my mission will help to offset the production costs of this podcast. Your support ensures that everyone around the globe can continue to enjoy the healing benefits of yoga, meditation & sound therapy music without incurring a monthly subscription fee or cost per episode download.
“You can make a huge difference by making a small donation.”
“You can help now by supporting the production costs of the Pachamama Podcast! When you make a small $5 donation, you will instantly receive the ‘Light On Yoga’ e-book by the founder of Restorative Yoga, BKS Iyengar.”